Sewer Drain Scope Inspection
An underground, video camera drain scope allows us to examine your main sewer pipe in real-time to determine the condition inside the pipe.
The drain scope will identify pipe characteristics such as:
Material the drain pipe is constructed of. There are a wide range of drain pipe construction materials such as, cast iron, clay, Orangeburg, PVC and concrete. Many drain systems are constructed of multiple materials. Each one of these materials has its advantages and disadvantages. It’s important to know what type of materials are used in your drain system in order to determine material longevity, maintenance issues and costs for repair / replacement.
Overall condition of the drain system leading from your house to the city sewer tap.
The sewer drain scope will provide evidence of pipe maintenance, pipe replacement or additions to the pipe system.
Most importantly, the sewer drain scope will provide us the condition of the pipe system now. If there is pipe damage or obstructions that inhibit proper flow we will provide video evidence of the problem and exactly where it is located within the pipe.
Sewer drain scope inspections find problems like these:
- Broken, cracked or collapsed pipes.
- Offset pipe – sewer pipes that have become misaligned due to shifting soil, frozen ground, soil settling or other factors.
- Blockage – grease buildup or a foreign objects restricting or prohibiting proper flow and/or cleaning of the pipe.
- Corrosion – the pipe has deteriorated and/or broken, causing sections to collapse and restrict water flow.
- Pipe belly – a section of the pipe that has sunk due to ground or soil conditions, creating a valley that collects debris.
- Leaking joints – the seals between pipes have broken or separated, allowing water to escape into the area surrounding the pipe.
- Root infiltration – tree or shrub roots have infiltrated the sewer line, preventing proper water flow and pipe cleaning.
- Obsolete pipes – existing pipes that are constructed of substandard or outdated material that may have deteriorated or corroded beyond safe usage.
We provide Sewer Scope Services for:
- Residential properties
- Commercial properties
- Multi-family properties
Once the drain scope is completed, we will provide a written report detailing our findings and post a video to the internet which you can keep for your records or share with others.
WATER JETTING SERVICE
Sewer Scope Services provides state-of-the-art Water Jetting (also known as drain jetting, hydro jetting or sewer jetting).
Water jetting cleans foreign debris and obstructions from your main drain pipe in an effective and safe way. Traditional mechanical snaking puts tremendous stress on the interior of the pipe which can cause internal damage. Water jetting provides a powerful, yet free flowing cleaning of the pipe which is far less damaging to the pipe and much cleaner for the interior of your house or business. This is the ideal solution for unblocking and cleaning your drain pipes.
With all Water Jetting services, we perform a free drain scope inspection to insure that the obstruction has been resolved.
Sewer Scope Services has the training and skills necessary to diagnose, assess and treat drain pipe problems. Call us today and one of our trained technicians can help you determine if your pipes are in need of an inspection or cleaning.